Photopea is a raster and vector graphics editor. It works in a web browser, you can use this software on any device with Internet access. Whether you are a Mac or PC user, Photopea will work. Most importantly, it is a free application.
Main features of Photopea
It's hard to compare Photopea to Photoshop, but most users will find what they need in their work as a graphic designer. Author Ivan Kuckir indicates the most important features of the application.
Photopea should be an advanced editor, so it can be used by professionals. It must have:
- Layers - to split images into several parts
- Layer masks - just generally useful
- Blend modes - specifying, how layers "combine" with each other
- Brush - there must be a way to change the color of pixels
- Selections - choosing, which pixels of layer you want to edit
- Procedural adjustments - changing brightness, hue, saturation, convolutions (blur, sharpening ...) etc.
Photopea supports many different file formats, including Photoshop files. Support for Krita and InDesign files has recently appeared. It is worth adding that the application interface is available in many languages.
Why should I use Photopea?
It doesn't make sense to spend a hefty sum on a license for a leading graphics program when I am:
- beginner graphic designer
- I do graphics sporadically
- I create memes
- I mainly support social media
- I want to make a company logo
- I need to make a company document
- I want a nice resume
You have no experience in graphics but you need to make a company document? Maybe you need a CV for a new job? In this free application you will find ready-made templates for documents, memes, invitations and logotype visualizations.
How to prepare a CV from a template?
It's easy. Select the template you are interested in from https://www.photopea.com/templates/c-resumes. You can rewrite your CV later. See how easy you can do it. In the layers panel, select the item you want to change. They are usually Smart Objects. Click twice. A new tab will open for editing only that item. Change everything to the desired effect. Export your CV to a PDF file. Be sure to check everything is correct. Now you can send your CV to your future employer.
The author of the application has prepared a rich documentation of all functions. Noteworthy is a set of tutorials with which you will learn to make really valuable graphics.
You can start with how to remove background from images:
Photopea really offers a lot for free. The only drawback is visible ads, which can be troublesome on smaller screens. For a few dollars a month, you can get rid of ads.